Sunday, 25 December 2011

Christmas: Merry Melodramas

Christmas Special: Merry Melodramas
Michael: Hey dude, you wanna come over for a Christmas dinner tomorrow? I told my mom I was bringing 'friends' 
Jake: Sure, IAN! we're going to Mike's tomorrow for supper. What about the 'rents?
Michael: Bring 'em over as well
Michael: Hey Mom! How's the dinner coming?
Holly: Excellent sweetie..... Turkey stuffed with Grammy's secret stuffing
Holly: AND my very own Angel Food Cake
Michael: That sounds amazing, I'll leave you to it then....
He eyed the two bottles of Skyy Vodka suspiciously before heading into the lounge to help Theodore with the tree.
Holly whizzed around the kitchen, 
Holly: Flame fruit, check. Eggs, check. Milk, check..... Perfect!
As she cracked in the eggs and folded it over half the flame fruit.... An unexpected visitor sauntered into the kitchen....
Heather: Wotcher  Hol'!
Holly: Had a couple before showing up 'ey Heather? Why are you HERE?
Heather: Received an invite from your son..... And I can see you had a couple too
Holly's heart sank....
Holly: Stop noticing the bottles dammit! Excuse excuse.....I need an Excuse!!!
 Holly: It's cooking alcohol! Phew.... that ought'ta save me bum this time.
Heather: What kinda boozed up cake d'you intend to make with Skyy VODKA? My KIDS and your KID will be eating your food.... I REFUSE TO LET THEM TOUCH.....
Holly: Oh shut up you ol' fart.... FINE! I admit..... I got a little drinking habit.....
Heather: Hit a little jackpot there, didn't  I hun? It's okay.... But come on.... You must be on some serious drinking streak to down TWO Skyys..... C'mon Hol, How long's this been goin' on for? 
As she pulled out the cake.... Holly's lips quivered in a rapid whisper
Holly: *whispers* **fast** Since Mike's been with your kids.....
Heather merely smirked..... Took her a good twenty seconds before she uttered her next words
Heather: Look Hol', Mike's a good kid.... he's been around to our house a while, Chan's REALLY taken to him. The boy's have a great time together and he really has fun. I'd love to keep it that way BUT he KNOWS something else is up. I mean, he'd have to be a kid without even half a brain cell to not think something is fishy if there's two kids who are EXACTLY identical to yourself.
Heather: And I don't mean tell him the truth right away, If you want to, you can. But stop holding him back from it either.... You weren't there to witness his sadness after you flared up when Jake came over.... The poor kid is feeling the type of confusion he shouldn't feel at this age.... You're bloody issues are getting in the way AGAIN.... This time, Mommy and Daddy aren't there to be your bum-kissers..... It's you, me and the truth..... 
Holly: Well IF YOU'RE QUITE FINISHED! YOU don't realise how stressed I'VE been during this time.... If he knows the truth he's only going to ask more questions and won't like me any more... I can't stand how he's acting like YOUR LOT so much..... Why do you think I hate him spending time with your kids? Huh? 
Heather: MY LOT? He IS my lot sweetie pie...... And I don't know WHY you're getting your knickers knotted over this.....
Holly: WHY? OF COURSE IT'S BECAUSE MY SON ISN'T TRUSTING ME ANYMORE!
Heather: YOUR son..... MY son! He's part of MY family too...... Actually, rightfully speaking, hye's MY son..... and he DOES trust you.... but with every single flare up you have, you're deteriorating that trust... don't keep him waiting.....
Holly: Well whatever.... what the hell do you know about bringing up kids anyway! Besides.... I CHOOSE when I tell him the truth.... I was given the right to choose when I signed the bloomin' adoption forms!
It was only then when Holly saw Michael's shocked expression peeping out through the crack in the doorway.....MERDE!
 Holly: My baby...... Not my baby...... Hates me now of course....... Double Merde
Holly: See what you did you crazy she-wolf!
Heather: WHAT I DID!!! At least he knows the bleedin' truth know you psycho!!! 
Heather: SHUSH! Let's not rub salt on the already opened wound.... Act as if you like me during the dinner please....
Holly: WHy should I..
Heather: BECAUSE THE KIDS WILL HATE US MORE IF WE FIGHT AGAIN!
 Heather: Bloody hell........ Why doesn't she get it? Psychopath! 


Later that evening
Theo: Let the carolling begin!!!!
Holly and Heather went first..... avoiding eye contact as they sang
Holly and Heather: Hark the herald angels sing..... Glory to the newborn king!
Theo and Chan followed in a classic Santa-like manner
Theo and Chan: Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer!
The kids went next..... Doing little solo parts along the way
Ian: Dashing through the snooow......on a one-horse open sleigh.... O'er hills we gooo..... LAUGHING all the waaay!
 Michael: Bells on Bobtail's riiing..... Making spirits Briiiight!
 Jake: What fun it is to ride and siiiiiiiing!!!!!!
 All three: A SLEIGHING SONG TONIGHT! HEY! Jingle bells jingle bells!
 Soon enough the family retired to the ever-so-gorgeously lain table...
 Then shortly afterward... The turkey and cake became nothing but mere scraps on  the plate.....
 Gather 'round children.... Santas have a few stories to share.....
Jake: Daddy! C'mon! We're not that little.... I know its you! *chuckles*
Chan: Darn IT! 
Ian: Well dad if you don't mind.... me and Mike have a gift for Jake. It's a dinosaur action figure!
Jake: No way! I love dinosaurs
Ian: We knew!
Jake: 'Ey Mike.... we didn't forget about you either mate! Here's a basic book on fishing.
Michael: Oh my gosh! I love it! Thank you so much!
Michael: And Ian, we got you a Charles Dickens book.... The big fat one! 
Ian: Gr4eat Expectations? Wow! I can't believe you managed to get it!
Michael caught Ian in an unexpected hug
Michael: *heavy whispers* I need to meet you two outside... It's really important!
Michael: Look, it's true.... We're triplets 
Ian: We knew already...
Michael: Yeah, we did, but... My mom's being horrible about it. Drinking TWO vodkas and stuff.... Just because I'm hanging out with my REAL family!
Ian: No Michael, They're your REAL family.... THEY adopted YOU!
Jake: But it's only fair to say that his mom's being a little off and I hate it when they fight
Michael: They had another flare up at each other today in the kitchen as well.... But it's my mom making the problems, yours is the one trying to make her stop.... 
Ian: Look Mike, I know you're upset but think about it. 
Michael: Think about WHAT?
Ian: That our moms are creating the problems, not us.... When we become teenagers, we can just leave if the situation stays the same y'know? 
Ian: And Christmas is about acceptance, joyously enjoying times with family, not finding faults. Christmas should actually be the day that we realise that they're human too and if they had a huge fight during their childhood, it may be really hard to break the grudge... You see where I'm getting at?
Jake: Well said buddy!
Michael: I didn't think about it that way, Maybe that is why we're getting along so well.... Because we can accept each other while they can't.... Thanks for an amazing Christmas hey? See you next week for our birthday party!
Has this meaning of Christmas opened Mike's eyes to his foster mother's faults? Has it opened the door to hatred? Does Ian really think he can pull off leaving his parents? Find out next week! 
I hope you guys enjoyed this Christmas special.... I thought I could use Christmas as an opportunity to spice up the story a little bit... Chapters ARE going to be released much more frequently as I have scheduled the posts for the next 4 chapters
Cheerio
Nayana <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment